Saturday 1 March 2014

King Chef Seafood with Kimchi flavour

 King Chef Seafood with Kimchi flavour

King Chef noodles are 'Korean Food Style' but on further investigation appear to be produced and imported from Vietnam as part of Acecook Vietname JSC. A huge conglomerate I would imagine!

 See here!

I'll get my rant in quickly however... I don't get the whole No MSG! thing, MSG is lovely and tasty! I do understand however that some people are allergic to mono-sodium glutamate and that it can be a serious allergy. Myself, I love it... King Chef is also a dreadful name for any company producing food!

These noodles were thick and gorgeous and the sachet of dried seaweed and carrot really added to the flavour of the hot paprika soup. Kimchi is a flavour made from fermented vegetables and added to the richness of the soup. I love seafood soups, seawood and fermented veg so was in absolute heaven; the hot aftertaste was just the icing on the cake! I could honestly eat these every day for the rest of my life! Reminded me a lot of some of the misu soups I've had, but now way as overpowering. 

If the rest of the noodles I got are this good I will be very happy!

If they were a computer game: Portal 2; not to everyone's taste but certainly one of the most creative computer games of it's generation.


If they were a rock band: A Day To Remember; solid rock tunes with a harsh metalcore vibe, the fermented veg with the paprika works equally well!

No comments:

Post a Comment